Tuesday, July 06, 2004

WTC & Fahrenheit 9/11

Well on July 3rd we went and had a look at ground zero... There was a certain atmosphere to the place, very sombre but yet with a sense of ... drive... I don't know if that really sums it up, and it could just be me, but that's the feeling I got from it...

You've probably already heard in the news back in Aus but on July 4th they've laid the first cornerstone of the new Freedom Tower at the ground zero site...

After that, and rather aptly we went on to see Fahrenheit 9/11 and it's a damn good movie! Thouroughly enjoyed it, found it informative and interesting but I'd have to say it does have a definite Propaganda feel to it, even though I do agree with the message. By that I mean that there really is no doubt that it is aimed at getting Bush out of office (which is a good thing in my opinion.

Anyways I wanted to write more on that this post, and to give everyone some insight as to my impressions of the movie, but time is nearly up! D'oh! So I'll just say go see it, it's worth it. Also it was really good to see how full the cinemas have been here in the states, and the reactions from people seeing it. Hopefully it'll have an effect.

I can see why GW wanted it banned.

B

No comments: